How to Make Venison Burgers
They say extra lean ground beef is healthy for you. This recipe cooks up even leaner meat, venison. Venison burgers will leave ya feeling satisfied, not stuffed and ready for a nap. You’ll feel lighter than you would eating a beef burger.
Now, because venison’s such a lean meat, it requires more attention while cooking. It’s easy to overcook venison since there’s minimal to no fat in deer meat. Leave some red color to the meat so it’s juicy. If you want leftovers, leave more red to the meat so you won’t overcook it while microwaving tomorrow’s dinner.
What you’ll need to make venison burger meal pictured:
- 1lb or less of ground venison or enough to feed however many you’re feeding
- Charcoal grill or George Foreman grill preferred
- Pickles, onions, pickles, ketchup, mustard any seasoning desired. – I chose not to use seasoning.
What you do:
- Make patties with hands
- Lay on grill
- Watch them closely, 5-10 minutes
- Toast bread if desired, enjoy a quick way to enjoy a wild game meal!
This post is long overdue and is part of the series of venison dinners I made from my first deer. Two other recipes will be posted in the coming weeks. One’s for making venison chili and the final one’ll be for a venison roast.
Here’s other venison recipes worth a shot: